Monday, January 25, 2010

Finger Picks



Lately I've noticed that I keep saying, "lately I've been playing with..." So I was wondering what else I should say, maybe "Amazing New Dumb Dulcimer Discovery"? No. "Dumb Dumbs Dulcimer Dwindlings," (It's amazing what you can think of at night.) I guess I will just have to stick with, "lately I've been playing with..."

So here it goes again. Lately I have been playing with finger picks. The other day I was looking through a bag of stuff and found a set of finger picks. I really hadn't before then played with them because I thought just fingers had a better sound, and I still do think that just finger picking is prettier. And although metal finger picks are not soft and pretty, you can do a lot with them that is a lot harder to do without them, and some of the extra noise is good for train songs (like the one in the video above) or bass songs.

Nathaniel

No comments: