Monday, June 7, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

All week I was looking forward to Jeff Hames' Kicking of the Summer event - and it turned out to be even better than I anticipated.

I got to learn a lot with Jeff, play a few songs to open up his concert, play two songs with him during the concert and have fun jamming with Jeff in his music room, where he keeps all his dulcimers.

But the most fun part was when we were sitting in his music room. I was trying a Schnaufer Model he had just put strings on. And after one song he said that if I wanted it, I could have it........ I wanted it! It is a beautiful Schnaufer model - built to the specifications of David Schnaufer, who almost everybody thinks was the best dulcimer player ever. He was Jeff's teacher. The dulcimer was built by Larry McSppaden in July, 2006.

Thank you to Jeff Hames for all the new techniques, the time invested and the wonderful new dulcimer!
-Nathaniel

No comments: